As the holidays are now midway between Christmas and New Year, many of us just want to curl up in our homes with a cup of coffee or tea dressed in a comfy flannel shirt <3. Even though make-up is not necessarily needed, it’s nice to relax and apply more natural shades on your face before the New Year’s celebrations. In Finland, the natural look is very popular. I like nude tones in make-up products, because my features are so small; small eyes, small lips, small face alltogether, yawn. So I can’t really pull off black kajal or super heavy make-up. We all know, dark colors make features smaller, and light colors bigger. The trick of making a natural, fresh face is not to draw harsh lines, but blend the make-up products very well. I tried not to draw my eyebrows too much and also didn’t apply my mascara very precisely. And make sure that the shades are close to your natural skin tone.
Today I did a look of soft brown & nude colors in my make-up. The nude lips have been here for a while and I’m a little scared of doing them, as I’m so pale, I’m worried I’ll look completely dead. But there are always options for nude lipstick shades, slightly pink or peach hued nudes work well with fair skin tones. The Colorbar lipsticks are so affrodable, I don’t care if one purchase goes wrong. It’s hard to find light lipstick colors though, as they’re made for the indian market and the shades are quite dark. They’re not for my skin tone, but a few good shades I’ve managed to find amongst them. This one is actually quite close to my natural lip color, so it’s guaranteed to suit me 🙂
The products used for this look:
- Foundation: IsaDora Wake Up Make-up
- Concealers: MAC Prep + Prime (undereye area), Lancome Long-Lasting Softening Concealer (contour highlighting), Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Cover Stick (blemishes)
- Powder: MAC Blot Powder
- Bronzer: Sleek MakeUP Face Form Contouring & Blush Palette
- Blusher: MAC Mineralize Blush
- Eye shadows: Dior 5 Couleurs Palettes (3 different shades)
- Highlights: Kick’s Illuminator
- Mascara: IsaDora Volume Lash Styler
- Eyeliner: IsaDora Inliner Kajal (inside the lower eyelid)
- Eyebrows: Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows
- Lipliner: IsaDora Perfect Lipliner
- Lipstick: Colorbar Sheer Creme Lust Lipstick
Geez, I didn’t realize I use so many products :D. I had also forgotten how nice brown tones look, as lately I’ve been using taupe and plum colors. Blending beiges and browns doesn’t take that much time, and they suit everyone. Don’t forget to check out my previous post, no reading needed, just pictures :D.