Surprisingly we are going to Finland next week! Rahul has a business trip and I’m of course tagging along. The weather will be bad but I don’t care as I will see my dear family and friends and breathe fresh air and use fast wifi! So what will I do the first thing I get there? Here are 10 things:
- Eat a burger at Hesburger – There is no match for the finnish burger chain anywhere in the world!
- Eat a “korvapuusti” – The real cinnamon bun is the finnish cinnamon bun. Even better if they still have “laskiaispulla”! I’ve been dreaming of that bun filled with strawberry jam and whipped cream for weeks now. Ehkä äiti tekis laskiaispullia jos pyydän?!
- Buy bread – All kinds of bread; “juustosämpylät”, “maalaislimppu”, “kaurapuikulat”, “karjalanpiirakka” etc.. (translation: cheese rolls, loaf or ryemeal bread, oat bread, karelian pie etc..)
- Go for sushi – The best joint in Helsinki; Sushibar + wine.
- Eat Valio yoghurt – This is probably the one food item I have missed the most. There is just no comparison to Valio yoghurt. Here the yoghurt is either plain, or full of sugar or some artificial flavoring, and what’s with the aftertaste of yoghurt here? So foul..
- Enjoy a fresh salad with fresh salmon, caught in the freshest waters on the planet – Veggies are good here, but not as sweet as in Finland. Also fish is ok here, but not as fresh as in Finland.
- Go to Makuuni – And pick millions of different candies 😛
- Walk freely anywhere – Well, probably have to take public transport and it’s winter, but you know what I mean. Just walk, and run!
- Drink tap water all day long – The fresh water from tap, which will only be appreciated if one has lived abroad.
- Surprisingly, go to Curry Palace – Indian restaurant in Espoo, which has the best butter chicken in the world, and yes, better than any I’ve had in India.
See you in Finland! :*