1. Stop using Clearasil! Or any soap based cleansers or toners with alcohol or mattifying face creams.
2. Face scrubs are waste of money. If you even need to scrub your face mechanically, just mix honey, oil and ground oats. Cheap, gentle and does the job. You can use jojoba, almond, olive, apricot, avocado oil etc.
3. The less makeup you use, the better skin you’ll have. This I kind of knew back then but still wanted to wear makeup. 🙃
4. Use oils. Everywhere! Face, skin, hair, as cleansers, in shaving, after shaving etc. For cleansing I use a mix of apricot oil and tea tree oil. For moisturizing I use a mix of jojoba oil and vitamin e oil or argan oil.
5. Apple cider vinegar can be used as toner! Dilute a cotton pad and squeeze the water out of it. Put 4 drops of apple cider vinegar on it and use as toner. Smelly, but works for pimples.
6. Always wear sunscreen. Always.
7. Rub your makeup off with moist towel that has baking soda and honey on it. Follow with oil wash. Enjoy your newly found glow!
These are methods I have tried and found them working for myself. I wish someone would have told me earlier that buying skincare products is not going to give you better skin. You don’t need all those artificial chemicals on your face. It’s about finding the right products for your skin type and reducing chemical intake. I have in no means gone fully chemical-free hippie girl, but I’ve just replaced some products that have irritated my skin with natural methods.