Living abroad makes you see who you really are. And spending time with fellow Finns do as well. I had a friend visiting from Finland and it’s always lovely to talk in your own language after living abroad for so long. I realised that all the annoying things in other cultures highlight the fact that gosh, I’m so FINNISH!
I’m so Finnish because:
- I love quiet. Quiet people, quiet surroundigs. Just be quiet if you don’t have anything profound to say.
- I hate those people who come too close and speak right in your face. Natural tendency of a Finn is to step back right??
- I avoid the MRT (metro) during traffic hours. Too many people too close.
- I’m blonde. Like all Scandinavians.
- I like practical clothes and shoes that serve a purpose. Heels are for special occasion, Birkenstocks are forever!
- I love black. Period.
By the way, we have a spa day next tuesday planned out with some ladies and I have never been so excited about a sauna, which will be there :D.