This is my alltime favourite quick & easy but comforting soup that I make almost weekly. And it’s healthy too!
PRAWN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
handful of coriander leaves
1 red chili (hot)
3-4 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 vegetable stock cube or 1 cup veg stock
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a couple of splashes fish sauce
200 ml coconut milk
baby corn or baby bok choy or baby kai lan or maushrooms
juice of 1 lime
water if needed
- Boil water, pour it on top of the rice noodles and let them soften for 10 minutes. Place coriander, chili, garlic & ginger in a food processor and grind to a paste (or chop all in small pieces).
- Add the vegetable stock cube with 1 cup of water or 1 cup of vegetable stock along with the mini corns.
- Then add the coconut milk and let simmer under lid til veggies are cooked.
- Now add the prawns, fish sauce and lime juice and cook for a minute til prawns are cooked through. Adjust the consistency with water or coconut milk to your liking.
- Place noodles in a bowl and add soup on top. Eat with chopsticks on your right hand and a soup spoon on your left hand. Believe me, I didn’t know how to eat noodle soup before I came to Singapore 😀