Are you feeling ambitious today? It’s monday so you should!
There’s something about red lips. The moment you put on some powerful red lipstick (and I mean any bold shade of red) you just feel different. Maybe it’s the confidence that oozes from me whenever I wear K.Godfroy’s matte liquid lippie and the day is just better :D.
One day I was wearing “Minnesota Summer” (one of my favourite shades) and was just scrolling my phone on the shuttle bus on my way home when a lovely lady came to tell me she thought I was so beautiful <3. It just made my day. Or week actually! So ladies, wear your lippies confidently, you never know where it might take you 😉
Today I was wearing “Ambitious” which is a lush dark raspberry shade. I think it’s perfection and works on any skintone. I feel like I’ve had to practise a lot to actually apply the matte liquid lipstick on my lips, because it can be hard to make it look good. Especially on my naturally dry lips. But here are some tips that work well for me with matte lippies. The good thing about them is that if you do the ground work properly, you don’t have to re-apply or touch-up after that at all.
HOW TO apply matte liquid lipstick perfectly
- EXFOLIATE your lips. I use a gentle exfoliating morning scrub from Lush, but you can also make a scrub out of sugar and olive oil/jojoba oil/coconut oil.
- APPLY LIP BALM first. Let it soak in while you do the rest of your face. Moisturizing is the key when wearing matte lippies!
- APPLY FOUNDATION OR CONCEALER on your lips or at least on the edges of your lips. This not only covers the natural color of your lips and therefore makes the shade of the lippie pop out more, but also keeps matte liquid lipstick from bleeding from the edges of your lips.
- APPLY A THIN LAYER of your favorite matte liquid lipstick evenly on your lips and gently pat your lips together to spread the color. You can also pat your lips on a piece of tissue to get any extra color off.
- If you made a mistake, WIPE the color off with a cotton bud and APPLY CONCEALER to hide any mistakes.