Hi there! I wanted to share a recipe with you guys, as many of you might be getting invites to Christmas parties already. I did these yummy frosted chocolate cupcakes for a party here in Singapore and they were a hit! Cupcake batter is super easy to make and bake, and frosting is actually easy as well. Only the actual piping onto the cupcakes can be tricky. The original recipes in Finnish language for cupcake batter is here and frosting is here.
FESTIVE CINNAMON-CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING
(makes 12 big muffins or 24 mini muffins)
CHOCOLATE-CINNAMON CUPCAKE BATTER
175 g unsalted butter (room-temperature)
2 dl sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp dark cocoa powder
2 1/4 dl flour
2 tbsp milk or cream
- Combine all room-temperature ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Fill cupcake cases halfway.
- Bake in 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting them.
- If you made 24 mini muffins, bake them only for 12-15 minutes.
WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE
175 g white chocolate
25 g unsalted butter
150 g cream cheese
2 dl icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave carefully.
- Use a hand mixer (I used electric) and mix the melted white chocolate and soft butter together.
- Mix in the softened cream cheese.
- In the end, add icing sugar through a sieve to prevent any clumps getting in the frosting.
- If the frosting seems too runny, put it in the fridge for a while to harden.
- Frost your cupcakes with a piping bag and tip (like I did) or just spoon it over the cupcakes.
- Finish off with festive candy decorations!
Happy Holidays! xxx