I have been baking cupcakes since I lent a cupcake guide book by Ingrid Hancock Bjerknes from the library. I made these mini Oreo cupcakes for a party last weekend and they were super delicious! The mini size is perfect for a small sweet bite, and the frosting is so much easier to pipe on top of them.
OREO MINI CUPCAKES 26PC
FOR THE MINI MUFFINS:
50g unsalted butter
1 1/4 dl brown sugar
70g dark chocolate melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 dl flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
1 1/4 dl milk
3 Oreos crushed
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove stirring in between.
- Whisk room-temperature butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Add each egg whisking in between.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir together.
- Shift in flour, baking powder and soda. Alternate stirring and adding the milk as well.
- Crush the Oreos in a pestle & mortar (or in a ziplock bag using a rolling bin to smash them) and add them to the mixture.
- Add mini sized muffin cases to a 24-cavity mini muffin tin and fill the cavities 2/3 full.
- Bake in 180 degrees celcius oven in the middle section for 10-12 minutes.
- After baking let them sit in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before removing. Let cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING:
75g unsalted butter
4-5 dl icing sugar
1 2/3-2 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 well crushed Oreos
- Whip room-temperature butter and sugar.
- Add in vanilla & milk.
- Fold in well crushed Oreos (they need to be small crumbs, if you’re using using a piping bag for frosting)
- Adjust accordingly: if frosting is too runny, add more icing sugar. If it seems too hard, add more milk. It should be quite hard.
- Frost the mini muffins with a piping bag & tip.